We were out at the lake on Sunday and there was a toad… I showed it to the dog…. my memory is not so good anymore… I had forgotten that they give off a poison to protect themselves. My husband and I laughed as we watched the dog playing with the toad, that is until he started foaming at the mouth, trying to puke and shaking his head like crazy. I quickly used my gloved hand and wiped out his mouth, trying to get his mouth free of the poison. It took several minutes before he “recovered” and then “stupid dog”, went to look for the toad again! I am glad to say that Trooper is fine and I will not let him play with toads again!